Our client is looking for an account manager to join them, you’ll be working within the Gas Suppression/Watermist Space, in the Fire and Security Industry. This is a hybrid position, where you can either work from home, or travel to one of the many offices. You will be UK based, the location of where you are in the UK, is not the important factor, it is about the right experience, and person to come on board and be the consultative technical specialist.
You will be managing existing key accounts, putting designs together, estimating, liaising with your customers, travelling to sites, and working with a close knit team across the whole of the UK with the larger scale projects. This is a great opportunity, you could be a Sales or Project Engineer currently, wanting a step up, or already in a similar type of role, training is available with this National Fire and Security Installer, along with a competitive salary package and commission on top of this.
- Gaseous suppression, watermist design through course and practical.
- Previous estimating experience working within the fire suppression industry.
- Fire product and technical knowledge and awareness of buying protocols.
- Diligence, with a keen eye for detail and a common sense and flexible approach.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Good consistent client base.
- Sound management and organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, both internally and externally.
- CAD experience in the fire market preferred not essential.
About the role
- Work within the Sales team to achieve company, regional and individual goals and objectives relating to the accurate and timely estimation of projects.
- Work within the Projects team to achieve full design and installation certification.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge regarding pricing, competition, volume of work etc. to ensure that competitive estimates are prepared.
- Co-ordinate with senior managers as appropriate to effectively analyse, comment and agree upon an ultimate strategy for the final tender submission meeting.
- Liaise with Project Managers to ensure relevant accreditation and standards requirements for each project are met and documented; review and provide to auditors, as required.
- Attend progress meetings as required, to review and report on the project progress.
- Effectively manage and record quotations, forecasts and documentation using the company’s IT systems and maintain design records for all LPS1014/1204 projects.
- Work with the Commercial Manager to assess tender risks, ie payment terms, bonds, type of contract (NEC, JCT etc) and to obtain Director approval if necessary.
- Maintain highest levels of commercial confidentiality in all aspects of employment.
- Work with the line manager to develop and expand the company’s market presence.
Technical knowledge where possible:
- BS 5389: Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems.
- BS EN 15004: Gaseous Fire Suppression.
- BS 5306: CO2 Suppression Systems.
- BS EN 15276: – Condensed Aerosol Systems.
- IMO Total Flood and Local Application Watermist systems.
- BS 8489: Industrial and Commercial Watermist Systems.
- BS 7273: Electrical Actuation of Fire Suppression Systems.
- BS 6266 – Fire Protection for electronic equipment installations.
- EN 54-20 – Aspirating Smoke Detection.
- FIA Unit 7: Active Fire Protection Systems (Fixed Fire Protection Systems).
- Gaseous Fire Suppression design in Inert, Chemical and CO2 systems.
- Flow calculation software in Inert, Chemical and CO2 systems.
- Foam and Foam Hardware awareness.
- Product training by key manufacturers.
- LPS-1014 & LPS-1204 requirements.
- Other associated Life Safety Systems that pertain to fire suppression system.
- £45-50k basic + Commission (£85k OTE)
- Company Car/Allowance (£500pcm) + Fuel Card
- Phone & Laptop
- 23 days’ holiday + bank holidays (3 days are held for Christmas Shutdown)