Certification and Risk Engineer
Division: Fire Suppression - Risk Management Team
Our client has an opening for an enthusiastic individual with proven management, organisational skills, attention to detail and technical ability to join our growing team on a permanent, full-time basis. A great opportunity for an individual with an engineer and auditing background looking to progress their career into certification.
The role is responsible for delivering Factory Production Control audits as part of the Fire Suppression Approval activities, both in the UK and overseas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducting detailed technical evaluations from initial enquiry to production of final audit report and approval recommendation
- Ensuring compliance with the LPCB schemes (PN111), Construction Products Regulation (CPR), Marine Equipment Directive (MED) and Transportable Pressure Equipment Directive (TPED)
- Liaison with internal departments, customers, approval agencies and accreditation bodies
- Working closely with relevant colleagues to ensure tasks are prioritised and delivered in accordance with senior management direction
- Preparing, reviewing and closing audit reports
- Preparing analysis and trend data from FPC audit findings
- Supporting clients to gain compliance as needed
- Engagement with clients and service providers to support the effective resolution of approval process issues and queries.
- Degree level or equivalent in an Engineering or Science related subject, with experience from the Engineering industry
- Manufacturing experience
- Ability to understand and interpret product manufacturing techniques and processes
- Proven project management experience delivering projects on-time to customer (internal and external) specifications
- IAF recognised scheme auditing experience
- Experience of product testing or evaluation work
- Excellent organisational, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with clients and colleagues whilst maintaining the required level of diplomacy, integrity and confidentiality
- Demonstrate strong project management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Analytical ability, clarity of thought and attention to detail
- Demonstrate experience of interacting with customers competently at all levels
- Demonstrate experience and understanding of travelling and delivering auditing activities overseas across a range of cultural and language challenges
- The ability to build and maintain good customer relations
- Be fully conversant with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and databases
- Understanding of the certification/approvals process
- Experience within the Fire Suppression product testing and/or certification industry
- Experience with Fire Safety System approval
- Experience working in a UKAS accredited certification environment
- Ideally located within 90 minutes’ drive of an international airport
Whilst the location of the role is flexible, there will be a requirement in the first 6 months to complete training on site in Watford, with flexibility to work from home on an ad hoc basis thereafter.
Whilst this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way.
- Up to £35K DOE
- Flexible working options
- Excellent benefits including 22 days annual leave, profit share scheme, free parking, onsite gym, onsite restaurant, staff reward scheme and much more.