Our client is a leading global manufacturer of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC-R) equipment and solutions for residential, commercial and industrial customers.
They are looking to recruit an experienced industry professional to join as the European Operations Manager responsible for driving and supporting the transformation and growth of the HVAC Service and Aftersales business.
Supporting Country Service Managers, you will be responsible for the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the Europe service delivery model, delivering results including increased customer satisfaction, field cost reduction and improvement in operational efficiency.
The successful candidate will be the one to ensure that our Europe service business is well-coordinated and productive by managing its field procedures, processes, training and coaching its people. You will be the key interface with the regional business units to ensure execution and delivery against global service field KPI targets.
The chosen professional must be competent and able to plan and execute field efficiency and enablement initiatives, be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient and effective ways to help build a strong, customer focused Europe service business.
- Develop and implement policies for maximising operational efficiency and profitability
- Address and resolve all issues concerning field office operations
- Monitor key metrics, KPIs and develop action plans for improving company profits that contribute to sustained improvement in execution and customer delivery
- Develop and implement best practices and procedures to enhance business growth
- Recognise, motivate high performing employees by sharing best practices
- Assist in the preparation, allocation and management of operations budget to ensure target achievement
- Develop and introduce new proposals and technology to enhance business productivity
- Collaborate with regional business leads to integrate new or existing services
- Review and assist in managing services provided by a company to ensure they meet customer expectations and requirements
- Build and maintain positive trust relationship with customers to minimise customer attrition
- Ensure company operations comply with all local and national labour laws and legislation
- Liaise with the finance team to determine the need for required investments and ensure return on the investments
- Recommend training, standard work, and work shifts and duties to ensure efficient operations
- Assist in the creation, improvement and oversee the implementation of field tools to enhance operational effectiveness
- Ensure company operations are completed in a timely and effective manner
- Design policies that align with overall global service strategy
- Oversee implementation of efficient processes and standards
- Provide guidance and support to regional leaders in the selection, training and onboarding of field resources
- Coordinate customer service operations and find ways to improve customer delivery model
- Evaluate risk and lead quality assurance efforts
- Implement cadence and rigor on best practices, benchmarking, KPIs and metrics aligned with global service metrics
- Education and training: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Operations Management.
- 6-10 years’ experience working in a field based, HVAC-R, building services, industry preferably.
- Experience in a management position
- Proven problem-solving
- Strategic solutions to effectively address operational issues
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and motivate teams, work across company departmental heads and field businesses to ensure smooth work operations
- Time management - achieve operational objectives within set deadline
- Knowledge of and proficiency in common office applications such as MS Office and ability to navigate SalesForce.com, ServiceMax, ERP, and other business applications