Our client is a global provider of Building Services and Building Automation, offering a wide range of HVAC-R, Security Solutions, and Connected Building Technologies.
Due to increased demand in smart connected building technology, improving building efficiency and experiences, we are looking to recruit an experienced Bid Manager to be responsible for new and existing customer bids and tendering process.
Supporting the presales process, working with and managing business units and stakeholders throughout the EMEALA region, you will be involved in leading large complex deals from opportunity qualification through to contract award.
You will be responsible for value proposition and strategy development, solution development, partner identification, key achievements and risk management.
You will be able to work under pressure and to ambitious deadlines across multiple geographies and markets, with strong people management and commercial skills to deliver a successful, winning bids.
- Lead the end-to-end bid process.
- Run virtual bid teams and inputs from key stakeholders, typically engaging with sales, design, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and project management / delivery.
- Work with the sales lead to develop a clear win strategy for each bid and ensure win themes are clear and compelling.
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues.
- Prepare and review the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all products / services are included in the final price to the customer.
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process.
- Contributing to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation (such as providing guidance around the executive summary).
- Ensure timescales are achieved at each step of the bid process, including all internal governance, while taking the initiative in setting realistic deadlines.
- Ensure on-time submission of complete and commercially sound bids.
- Co-ordinate and plan all client presentations required as part of the bid submission.
- Drive continuous improvement, through post-bid reviews, both internally and with customers.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven track record in delivering winning, multi-million pound product / services opportunities.
- Ideally have a background in solution selling and experience of bid management from opportunity identification through to project delivery, and will provide valuable input into value proposition development, opportunity qualification, win strategy, commercial discussions, and solution delivery.
- Team leadership skills in office-based and virtual work environments.
- Must be an excellent communicator and comfortable working at CEO / Director Level (internal and external stakeholders).
- Sound commercial understanding coupled with risk management skills.
- Has the ability to lead complex opportunities across multiple business units and teams.
- Solid understanding and management of internal governance procedures.
- APMP foundation certification (practitioner ideally).