Senior Consultant – Technical Project Manager
We are working with a leading global security company who have grown over 25% this year alone. They are looking to add Technical Project Managers to oversee the projects for some of their key clients in the UK and across EMEA. These roles are predominantly home based with occasional travel.
You will need to have a very good understanding of enterprise level security systems such as C-Cure, Lenel, Genetec, ProWatch in order to lead client meetings and liaise with the security integration teams.
About the role
The Technical Project Manager will manage various client projects as well as help review company internal processes and assist with problem management. The TPM will be tasked to review and assist in different areas of the company and review the overall process for a specific problem. The successful candidate will coordinate and direct all facets of the problem management effort, including bringing the right teams, tools, and information together. The TPM may also delegate subtasks to other team members as approved.
What you will do
The TPM will report to the Programme Manager, but may also have dotted reporting lines to other Associate Directors from time to time, depending on the tasks and problems set to resolve and may also act as a client’s primary representative for any given project / problem. Key responsibilities are listed below:
- Full budgetary and schedule accountability for many client projects.
- Review and revise the management strategies for commercial delivery responsibilities, including conformance to a range of project reporting requirements.
- Review and assist with the management of successful vendor/s under existing contractual terms. This will include all aspects of cost, schedule and quality management required to successfully deliver the project.
- Set up and run coordination meetings with vendor PMs to manage project risks and issues, document progress and provide quality assurance across all aspects of the project.
- Client and Stakeholder Management
- Review the company Accounts along with the key stakeholders and advise on how to manage them whilst coordinating a wide range of requirements to align project requirements with internal compliance and governance stipulations.
- Support the roll-out of new and existing applications and/or upgrades, aiding in the form of procedural documentation whilst managing multiple complex issues at any given time.
- There will be a requirement to look at outside solutions, make suggestions for improvement and review existing procedures and processes.
- The TPM will be required to develop fall-back plans should the preferred solution be delayed or unavailable through researching, diagnosing, and identifying solutions whilst following escalation procedures both internal and external.
What we are looking for
- Proven experience in management and delivery of projects within a corporate security environment. This experience could have been developed either through the integrator market or from client-side career history. This experience should ideally include contract management on projects with a value greater than £1M.
- Capable of managing complex stakeholder environments within an operational corporate security environment. Candidates must have the skills and aptitude to make decisions happen quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining the best interests of the company and its clients.
- Demonstrable expertise in the deployment and management of integrated physical and technical security systems. This will include a comprehensive understanding of the IT, network, and M&E environment that an enterprise level access control system needs to be successfully deployed into.
- Capable of delivering project reports and technical documentation. This should include the generation of documentation such as:
- Commercial reports (progress against budget and schedule)
- RAID Logs
- Project Dashboards
- Change control documentation
- Proven record of successful project management in comparable environments, capable of delivering quality products and outcomes within a complex and time poor environment.
- The successful candidate will be required to be proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Project, Word, Excel, Power Point and the SharePoint platform.
- Private Health Care
- Life Assurance
- Travel Insurance