This forward thinking and nationally renowned Security and Communications company are NSI Gold and BAFE accredited. They specialise in the design, installation, service and maintenance of integrated security systems and work with a wide range of public and private sector businesses have achieved a reputation for quality, care, and reliability which is second to none. Due to the Company’s continued success, they are looking to expand the capacity of the design department and are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Assistant Designer Manger. This is an opportunity to enhance your career within the security and communications industry and for the right candidate we can offer defined career progression.
- Assisting the Design Manager to manage the Design Department and team of designers at our Mansfield office.
- Learning the processes, requirements, and responsibilities of managing a department.
- Working towards taking over the running of the Design Dept.
- Preparation of designs and costing sheets for, but not limited to, Fire and Security systems.
- Ensuring designs fully comply with all applicable regulations and standards.
- Working to defined quotas, deadlines, and budgets.
- Communicate and build successful working relationships with customers and other employees.
- Completion of training courses to increase knowledge and performance.
- Production of design documents such as, Technical Submittals, Schematics, Layouts, etc.
- Embracing our Premium Service strategy and Commitment Culture. Required
- You will be an accomplished designer within the security industry with at least 5 years’ experience of producing designs.
- Basic knowledge of management and associated processes.
- You will have a working knowledge of BS5839-1 & 6, RRO, and BS50132-7.
- Engineering and site experience in fire and security systems.
- Excellent IT skills and a familiarity with Microsoft software.
- Well organised, have self-discipline and be able to meet deadlines.
- A keen interest in technology and providing innovative and cost-effective solutions.
- Extremely high attention to detail.
- You will be a team player with ambition who is willing to learn new technologies and procedures.
Skills/Experience/Qualification (preferred but not essential):
- BA (Hons) 2:1 majoring in Engineering and minoring in business, or other related subject.
- Level 3 qualification in Management, Leadership, or other related subject.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD LT and Revit software packages.
- A knowledge of PD6662, NCP104, NCP109, BS8243, BS60839-11-2, BS50173-2, Equality Act 2010, Building Regulations, CDM, Secure by Design, and relevant Codes of Practice
- Experience of designing systems with high levels of integration.
Package: £35k to £40k - Dependant on skills, experience, and qualifications.
Benefits: Company Vehicle, Pension Scheme, Life and Accident Insurance, Medical Cash Plan, Cycle to Work, 25 days holiday increasing to 27 days plus bank holidays, birthday holiday, Employee Assistance Programme, Sky discounts and mobile phone.