Business Development Manager - Security Solutions
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
An exciting opportunity to join a new team within a Fire and Security Installer focusing on combining Protective Services to create Solutions for their clients which mitigate their risks and meet the needs of their business. Based in East Anglia, remote working and travelling to clients as required!
- This individual will work closely with the operations team to develop client relationships and
understand the needs of all clients within their portfolio.
- This individual will also support the operations team to identify new business solutions opportunities within their respective areas and convert these opportunities to new business wins.
- This individual will work closely with the commercial and sales team to develop strategies for business growth in their respective areas which ensure collaboration and clear lines of responsibility.
- Year on year profitable growth through increased sales of all new business and the upsell, cross-sell and transformation of current business to intelligent solutions.
- Clear, robust and innovative Client engagement at senior level, ensuring compliance throughout the Solution Business to the Client Excellence Programme.
- Together with Key Account managers create individual Account Plans for the top 30 national & cross border accounts leveraging Securitas existing relationships and insights to develop and execute a tailored Expand strategy with these accounts.
- Together with Area and Branch Managers create a target list of existing “high potential clients” (minimum 10) within each branch and together with the branch manager agree and execute a strategy towards these accounts.
- Training and Development of Account Managers, Area Managers and Branch Managers in
- solution sales and available tools and processes.
- National plan for New Customer Hunting strategy in alignment with National and European initiatives.
- Work side-by-side with the operational business units (Areas and Branches) and the commercial departments to cross and up-sell protective services to new and existing large to medium size clients through integrated solutions, increasing the level of technology into the overall protective services provided.
- Together with the Branch Manager, perform commercial client visits and solutions demonstrations.
- Undertake site risk analysis to understand client’s site risk profile and underlying needs.
- Draft/Review the high-level implementation plan and ensure seamless handover to Solution delivery coordination team (program management). The Solution Technical Sales Specialist is kept in the loop throughout the integrated solution implementation phase.
What are we looking for?
- A strong team player and influencer.
- One team mindset – we win & lose together. Zero blame culture, no politics.
- Hands on mindset and high work capacity - if it needs to get done you get it done.
- Excellent communicator and at ease with presenting in front of a wide range of key stakeholders.
- Specific experience and traits (include practical experience in):
- 5 years of experience in sales/technical sales and managing sales projects in Electronic Security or related industry.
- Technology oriented background.
- Experience in undertaking project costings and managing margins.
- £45,000 basic salary, £5k Car allowance or company car provided, commission structure (£25-30k average per year) Remote working, Laptop, Phone and other benefits available.