We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager in the Midlands to work in the Fire and Security Industry, for a leading Installer. You will be managing your own workload, selling installation and service projects to FM, End Users, M&E, Contractors using your own network as well as maximising internal opportunities and dormant accounts. Working within a great, focused and ambitious team with some clear guidance from management and internal support to make sure you are successful. We are open on where you are, and can be flexible with regions that are given, the important factor is to find the right company fit and experience.
This is a hybrid role, you can work from home, but you will also enjoy being out on the road, meeting clients ect.
This position is a lucrative role for someone who enjoys technical sales solutions, you will have sound knowledge of security systems, CCTV, Access Control and Intruder Alarms.
Overview of the role:
- Developing new relationships and securing profitable business for the company through a consultative sales approach.
- You are expected to conduct introduction meetings, technical site surveys and own the sales bid process, to ensure achievement of sales and activity targets.
- To work with the Sales Administration & Bid Teams to provide clear and concise information in a timely fashion, following all set processes and procedures – resulting in sales proposals that exceed customer expectation, provide best value for their needs, protect business profit and prompt payment of invoices.
- To ensure accurate and complete client files for the Installation & Service Team, provide handovers as required to guarantee smooth transition from sales to operations and great customer experience.
- To plan and execute an organised sales strategy that results in generating your own sales enquiries in core target markets.
- To undertake introductory sales and technical solution presentations to customers.
- To develop a pipeline and maximise all sales enquiries to win business at company target gross margins.
- To use company software platforms to record, manage and report sales activity.
- To provide weekly / ad-hoc activity reports to the Sales Director.
- To observe all health and safety requirements, ensuring that you, and others around you are operating in a safe manner.
- To always maximise the efficiency and profitability of the department.
- To ensure all company policies and standards are adhered to.
- To regularly refer to the staff handbook for individual policy information.
- You may, from time to time, be required to work away from home for short periods, have early starts and late finishes as/when required.
- To maximise the profitability of the department, by ensuring a, ’Right First Time’ approach, in all aspects of your work, minimising travel time and providing performance feedback to the engineering, technical and admin team.
- Ensure that an installation & service contract is in place before any services may commence.
- To achieve agreed sales targets, whilst maintaining acceptable and pre-agreed levels of gross profit margin for each job.
- Promoting the company with particular focus on CCTV, Access, Intruder, Fire and Integrated Systems, with associated maintenance and service contracts.
- To develop a contact and client base, focusing on repeat and referral business along with upgrade works and new business.
- To contact and develop relationships with specifiers and consultants, such as builders, surveyors, insurers, developers, architects, electricians and M&E consultants.
Package: £45-50k + Commission (OTE £60-70k) + company car or allowance (£5500 p/a), phone, laptop, fuel card and other benefits.