Electronics Software Design Document Assessor - Fire Detection
The Fire Detection team within our client is a leading provider for the testing and approvals of fire detection products under their internationally recognised brand, ensuring that end users can trust the performance of the products they purchase. Their testing covers control panels, a wide range of detectors and associated components, and alarm transmission systems. They have extensive world class facilities for the testing of fire detection products to European and international standards.
In this role:
Due to rapidly growing demand for their test and approvals service we have an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join this successful and expanding Fire Detection business.
How will I add value in this role?
- Analyse software design documentation for programs used in fire detection equipment, to ensure the documents meet requirements of relevant standards (typically EN 54 product standard range).
- Generate software document assessment test reports.
- Complete testing in accordance with European, British and our own test standards and procedures.
- Liaise regularly with other internal departments and customers to resolve technical issues.
- Provide customers with regular project updates, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Ensure the technical integrity and quality of service is maintained.
- Ensure that H&S controls are adhered to at all times.
What do I need in order to deliver this role?
- A relevant electronic engineering qualification or equivalent.
- Ability to read and understand source code in common languages such as ‘C’ and Assembly code.
- Able to read and interpret electronic circuit diagrams.
- An understanding of how firmware programs and microprocessors are used to control equipment.
- An understanding of how product safety is affected by hardware and software failure modes.
- An understanding of how document issue control affects traceability for certification and product audit.
- Experience of performing electronic or software-based testing.
- Analytical ability, clarity of thought and attention to detail.
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- The ability to build and maintain good customer relations.
- Be fully conversant with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and databases.
- Experience of certification or quality management processes.
- Experience of project management.
- Experience within the Fire Detection or product testing and certification industry.
- Experience working in a UKAS accredited certification environment.
£30K basic salary
Excellent benefits including 22 days annual leave, profit share scheme, free parking, onsite gym, onsite restaurant, staff reward scheme and much more.