Fire Resistance Lead
We are working with a world leading independent consultancy, research and third-party approvals body for fire, security and sustainability products and services to an international market. Due to an increase in demand for their services, they are seeking a Principal Consultant to join their Fire Safety team. Here, they have extensive and unique world class facilities for fire research and testing to European and international standards.
In this role:
The fire resistance testing activities are a core part of the Regulatory and Assurance division and has been identified as an area of growth. As part of the growth strategy, our client is now searching for an experienced manager to develop and grow our Fire Resistance Testing Service.
How will I add value in this role?
- To develop technical capability and competence in operational teams to deliver a trusted fire resistance testing service to our customers.
- Maximise the revenue and profit generation from our fire resistance facility by providing a market leading service and by growing capacity in response to market need.
- Be the commercial face of our fire resistance business forming new commercial partnerships and ensuring we are responsive to all customer enquiries.
- Identify and exploit new business opportunities for fire resistance testing service to drive positive change with tangible results.
- To protect the integrity of the technical service delivery across the Fire Resistance Testing team by sharing knowledge, providing expert advice and input. Act as a senior point of escalation for technical signoffs and review, specifically in relation to fire resistance products.
- Identifying, implementing and embedding continuous improvements in ways of working to ensure delivery is in line with the relevant standards and hits budgeted financial targets.
- Able to drive positive change in the ways of working by pushing for the adoption of new work practices and implementing solutions, e.g. 5S for workplace organisation, LIMS implementation, preventative maintenance, agile workflows.
What do I need in order to deliver this role?
- Strong, progressive technical leader with the ability to quickly build credibility amongst technical peers.
- Customer centric, is able to operate and deliver technical outputs in a customer focused way and as a technical leader, is able to influence others to do the same.
- Has demonstrable technical competence and experience of working in a fire resistance setting ideally within a fire testing laboratory.
- Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively with external regulatory bodies or accreditation bodies ideally UKAS in an ISO 17025 environment.
- Strong leader in terms of improving workplace organisation and raising standards.
- Strong communicator who is able to influence, constructively challenge and collaborate at all levels of the organisation to protect the integrity of technical delivery.
- Strong leader on safety with experience in risk assessments, safe operating procedures and a clear understanding of legal safety responsibilities ideally IOSHH Managing Safely qualified.
£70K basic salary
Excellent benefits including 22 days annual leave, profit share scheme, free parking, onsite gym, onsite restaurant, staff reward scheme and much more.
Flexibility on location / remote working