Fire Test Engineer – Large Scale Testing
We are working with a renowned and respected global provider of fire and security testing, research, certification and standards. They are going through a period of growth and to support this growth they are now looking to add to their certification team.
In this role:
Due to an internal promotion in the team, our client is looking for a hardworking and detail focused individual to join our busy Fire Test Laboratory as a Fire Test Engineer – large scale testing.
You will supervise the customer and their contractors to ensure safe construction of the test specimen (facades and cladding systems), document build details and be responsible for conducting the fire test and subsequent test report against National and International Standards.
How will I add value in this role?
- Manage allocated test projects.
- Liaise with clients and contractors.
- Work as part of a team to ensure test samples are correctly installed and instrumented.
- Undertake the fire testing of a range of cladding systems.
- Understand and work to national and international test standards.
- Work in accordance with UKAS accreditation procedures.
- Record results and prepare test reports.
- Maintain calibration, quality and test records.
What do I need in order to deliver this role?
Must have: (essential skills)
- Excellent documentation and recording skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as under own initiative.
- Ability to understand a variety of National and International test Standards and technical documentation such as drawings and specifications.
- Practical and technical skills with a range of measuring equipment.
- Proficient in MS software packages such as Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use data acquisition systems effectively.
- Self-motivated and focused.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Great to also have: (desirable skills & experience)
- Science/Engineering degree background or product testing experience (preferably relevant to building products or fire testing).
- Understanding of test laboratory practices.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations relevant to test laboratories and the construction sector.
£30K basic salary
Excellent benefits including 22 days annual leave, profit share scheme, free parking, onsite gym, onsite restaurant, staff reward scheme and much more.