Senior Chemist – Reaction to Fire Testing
We are working with a renowned and respected global provider of fire and security testing, research, certification and standards. They are going through a period of growth and to support this growth they are now looking to add to their certification team.
In this role:
You will work for clients in the Passive Fire, Protection, Testing and Certification department covering a range of “reaction to fire” properties, including toxicity/fire effluent gas analysis, smoke opacity, flame spread and heat release.
The value this role will add:
- This rare position will suit a degree or HND level chemist, to undertake testing in the passive fire laboratories. Experience of liquid Ion Chromatography (IC), and FTIR analysis of gases would be useful but full training will be given.
- You will also be trained in and undertake small scale flammability, smoke and heat release testing.
- You'll also be responsible for maintenance and calibration of relevant test equipment, working to UKAS accredited procedures.
- Our testing covers a variety of tasks from evaluation and classification of new construction products for manufacturers prior to their launch on the market, through to investigative testing of materials present in existing structures, including cladding materials testing aimed at evaluating the safety of residential buildings.
How will success be measured?
- Observance of health, safety and other regulations.
- Dependability and reliability.
- Initiative/resourcefulness/routine problem resolution.
- Compliance by self and others to regulatory, health, safety and other standards.
- Follow instructions and work methods correctly.
- Keep manager informed of progress and any possible issues.
- Work completed on time to required quality.
What skills and experience does the role need?
- Customer relationship skills.
- Experience of working a UKAS laboratory environment would be useful.
- Degree or HND Chemistry.
- Knowledge/practical skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Self-motivated and focused.
- Accurate notetaking and record-keeping.
£28K basic salary
Excellent benefits including 22 days annual leave, profit share scheme, free parking, onsite gym, onsite restaurant, staff reward scheme and much more.